8.27.2013

Updates!

Home:

I have really tried containing excitement for this house thing - and I am happy to report we are further along then we have ever been. Fingers are crossed and lots of prayers that we get this one. In trying to contain my excitement I took up a good deal that ShutterFly had and bought return address labels with the new address. Granted there is a possibility (small I suppose) that we don't get the house, but if so I will be out a couple bucks and I am OK with that. So inspection went well - didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know... We did some work to make some stuff pass code for the appraisal(replace a few rotted boards, add a handrail for the basement)... and then we had the appraisal and it appraised for the list price so that's good. And now our file has been passed on to the loan underwriter. And now we wait! As of August 20, they were processing files from July 16, so needless to say the government is a bit behind and that is what we are waiting on. Then we will pick a closing date and be moving! Couldn't come at a better time since rent is going up October 1 by $30!! Hello lower house payment!!

Other stuff:

My cousin and now 'cousin-in-law' are married!! Yay! She was an absolutely stunning bride and it was such a fun night!! Here are a few photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment