9.24.2011

Hunting Season

well its been a little while since we updated.

This week, since October is just around the corner, we have been gearing up for the hunting season. It will be my first time ever hunting and I am both excited and nervous. I'm pretty much sited in with both field tips and broadheads, but today Rob wanted me to shoot from the stand. Now normally I wouldn't have too much an issue- I'm a little afraid of heights, but managed ok. When he placed the target close though I had to stop because I was too nervous to lean over the stand without a harness on...and falling from 17 feet, would be just a little bit painful. The next step is get my apprentice hunting license, which means I can hunt just like anyone else, but I need to be with a hunter who has had hunters safety and is over 18. Next year I will do a women's hunter safety course.

Anyways, on to excitement. Here are some exciting photos of some of the critters on the property this past week.
Nice 8 point! Big rack!

Another buck, smaller and hard to tell, but nice.

Another nice 8 pt!!


6 or 8 point. Buck nonetheless.

Tomorrow we have our second week of our mixed doubles bowling league. Our first week I missed as I was visiting family in Myrtle Beach. I am excited to see how this season turns out...not to mention it makes time go by quicker and thus wedding comes up quicker!

In wedding news - Save the Dates should be going out this week, so keep your eyes in the mail and look forward to something special online :) I can't tell you what the second is, but its simple cute and I love it!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment